02 February 2008

ack! i'm in accra is a lie

because i'm not. yet. basically instead of ack-ing in accra the last days have been passport-losing and new visa-getting. traffic tickets and hospital smells. and my mom drove over an entire center divider in an attempt to make a u-turn a few feet too short of where cars don't drive over center dividers.

but no worries! the ack-ing will shortly ensue when i fly from l.a. to london to accra on february 4th. and to make up for lost orientation days i have loyally dog-eared my Lonely Planet, underlining genius endeavors in creative travel literature.

for example, page 329:
HOW MUCH?
music cd - C90,000
inner-city taxi - C8000
coffin in the shape of a Mercedes - C5 million

HAH! it's like a mastercard commercial! for coffins. that are car-shaped.

next time, from ghana! if i don't lose my passport...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm. So that's why light blue has been starting to look silver to me.

Well, I appreciate the tagging in the midst of all the hub-ub you had to endure. Slightly (but not really) makes up for a quick neighb sesh before you left that never existed.

Good luck in your future endeavors?
Eat okra in an Acura in Accra?

fiona said...

umm i expect that coffin as my souvenir. sending postcard soon! severe amounts of love to you. SEVERE. HARSH EVEN.

iv said...

i love it.

Beth said...

You are an incredible photographer!Keep up the good work. You are now, also, my chipped-tooth sister. Ahhhh, I am not alone.
Love you,
Beth (Rob, Zach and Jordan too)